It’s important to choose the right coffee grinder since the grind of your beans has a huge impact on the quality of your coffee. With so many on the market these days, finding what is best for you can be a chore.
We did our research before compiling our review for the best burr coffee grinders under $100. We looked at both electric and manual models, and we decided to include a “best budget” and “best overall” in both categories. We wanted to help you find the right grinder for you – whether you are looking for a great deal or going for more bells and whistles.
We did not even mess around with blade grinders – save those for your spices! A great cup of Joe starts with the precision and evenness that only burr grinders offer.
Best Electric Coffee Grinders under $100
Our Top Pick:
If you know only a conical grinder will do, consider this very popular model. There are over 14 settings to control how fine you want your grind. Go ultra-fine for expresso or go coarser for the ultimate French press experience.
One-touch operation, the adjustable grinder timer, and the ample bean hopper give this model plenty of standout features. This is an excellent choice as a gift for someone you may know who is ready to get serious about coffee!
- Conical burr grinder with 14 settings for a consistent grind to your exact preferences
- Comes in 7 trendy colors to fit every kitchen theme
- Stainless steel conical burr for long-lasting durability
- Bean feeder on top holds your beans so you can grind what you need, then come back for more later
- Set the controls to the exact amount you need
- Static-free glass catcher that is easy to completely clean between grinds
- A bit pricier than blade style electric grinders
- Although the conical burs are stainless steel, the gears are plastic
If you are in a budget pinch and are looking for an electric burr coffee grinder coming in under $30, this is an excellent choice. It has the critical features you need, a name you can trust, and a simple to use design. It is also compact enough to set on your desk at work if freshly ground beans are critical for your optimum performance!
One thing we do want you to be aware of: This machine uses a flat burr grinder mechanism rather than a conical burr, part of why it comes in at such a great price. While still vastly better than blade grinders, some coffee aficionados are sticklers for using only conical burrs, despite the higher price tag they come with. If you want to go conical, check out the Bodum BISTRO, reviewed next.
- Trusted name in coffee: Krups
- 14 precision grind size settings
- 2-12 cup selector knob to grind the perfect amount every time
- Burrs easily disassemble for convenient cleaning
- Compact design with a modern aesthetic
- 2-year warranty
- Flat burr mechanism rather than conical
- Bean hopper is only 7 Oz.
- Plastic hopper and collection bowl will increase static of grounds
Best Manual Coffee Grinder Under 100 Dollars
If you are looking for a manual burr grinder, and have weak or arthritic wrists and hands, we strongly recommend this model. The vertical mount handle operates with a much more natural motion, making this easier to use than most other manual models.
On the other hand, if you routinely go for espresso grind, you may want an electric. It will take a good deal of elbow grease with this, or any other manual model, to get the finest grind required for this specialty drink.
- 15 grind settings for plenty of customizability
- Ceramic burrs for durability
- Vertical grind handle is ergonomically superior to horizontal action
- Triple-mounted steel axle design for ultra-smooth operation
- High-quality glass hopper and catcher
- Large hopper holds up to 100 grams
- Easy clean design
- Brushed nickel finish and coffee house design for real style impact
- 1-year, full coverage warranty
- Manual grinders take longer than electric grinders
Coming in at under $25, this is a high-quality manual grinder that has most of the features you would expect. Conical burrs offer an even grind every time, with 18 settings to choose from so you can make grounds perfect for cold brewing, french press, espresso and even drip.
If you would like to take your grinder on the road, this is absolutely your choice! The compact size, powerless operation, and completely contained bean holder make this one of the best portable grinders on the market.
- Great value given the many impressive features
- 18 settings for the ultimate in precision control
- Does not require power – great for camping and travel!
- Much quieter than electric grinders – good for grinding while the baby sleeps.
- Ceramic burrs for long-lasting grinding power
- Slim design and brushed steel finish will fit any kitchen décor
- 100% money-back manufacturer guarantee
- Manual models are much slower than electrics
- Small bean hopper and catcher – you will have to empty a few times for enough to drip brew a pot
- Horizontal grind handle can be a little unwieldy
If you are looking for something a little more premium then click here for our best grinders under $200.